I have scrolled the web for the most amazing and impressive urban art installations around the world. Hope you enjoy them!
Urban installations in Australia.
1. Michael Hill’s ‘Forgotten Songs’ urban installation in Sydney, Australia.
The180 empty birdcages play the songs of fifty birds that once lived in central Sydney. So magical!
image credits mymodernmet
2. Tetris blocks urban art installatio in Sydney, Australia
image credits trendhunter
Enormous illuminated Tetris blocks. A cool way to brighten up a dark alley. Sydney, Australia.
I have an insatiable urge to jump up and spin the shapes so they land in-line precisely on the lane-way.
3. Kurt Perschke’s Red Ball Project in Britain
image credits yatzer
Kurt Perschke says: “As RedBall travels around the world, people approach me on the street with excited suggestions about where to put it in their city. In that moment the person is not a spectator but a participant in the act of imagination. That invitation to engage, to collectively imagine, is the true essence of the RedBall Project.”
Initially the giant red balls appeared in London and now they have also been placed in Abu Dhabi, Taipei, Barcelona, Korea, Sydney, Chicago, Portland and Toronto.
4. Lamp urban art installation, Rue du Mail, Paris
How fun! How quirky! How Paris!!
image credits style-files
5. Le Marais Quarter, Paris
6. Art Installation in Paris
7. “1550 Chairs Stacked Between Two City Buildings”, Istanbul, Turkey.
image credits fashionadle
Urban art installation by artist Doris Salcedo for the Istanbul Biennial.
8. Dream Tower installation, Daegu, South Korea.
This art installation by Choi Jeong Hwa explores mass-produced plastic goods – “kitsch” materials representing consumerism.
9.Art installation for the Flurstücke 011 festival, Munster, Germany.
10. Washed Up: Alejandro Duran’s Site-Specific Found Plastic and Trash Installations, Sian Ka’an, Mexico
- Birds nest urban art installation.
Nils Udo-Land Artist. image credit
12. Giant Pencil Crayon Installations, Tokyo
Created by Cameroon-born artist Pascale Marthine Tayou, the Reverse City art installation is part of one of the world’s largest international art festivals, Echigo-Tsumari.
On each color pencil is written the name of a country, making Reverse City a colorful index of the world.
13. “Biografias,” an installation by Alicia Martin at Casa de America, Madrid.
image credits Instagram: @iragelormino
- Urban installation by 90,000 plastic balls shaping wisterias, a flowering plant that has a significant role in French impressionism through its recurrence in Monet’s paintings, Havre City Hall, France
The installation, titled Pergola, was designed by Claude Cormier + Associés Inc. for the Contemporary Art Biennale.
16. Pool noodles, Quebec City, Canada
I find this installation a bit ugly but I can’t deny it is creative.
The pool noodles urban installation was created by Les Astronautes as part of Delirious Frites, an architectural art installation created by Les Astronautes.
image credits contemporist
17. The Sequence by Arne Quinze in Brussels, Belgium.
image credits dezeen
18. Phone cabinet aquarium art, Japan.
The impressive aquarium was crated by the Japanese group of young artists, named Kingyobu. Love it!
- Mirrored Houses urban art installation
photo credits Autumn de Wilde
This stunning installation is titled Lighting, Layers and Reflections, and was created for an Escalade ad.
20. Contemporary art in the park of Chaudfontaine, Belgium
photo credits fulldose
- Red chairs urban art installation
22. Jewellery urban art installation, Netherlands
Liesbet Bussche is taking her love for jewelry to the next level.
23. Old bicycle fence, Columbia
photo credits bikecolumbia
24. Rua Direita – Aveiro. Street decorated for a commercial film of Italian biscuits.
25. Car Cemetary, France
26. World Record of Biggest Car Tower (10meter high), Wuhan Culture Creation Industrial Park, Hubei, China.
27. Umbrella rain Lights installations for the Burning Man festival, Nevada